The SCI-Arc EU Scholarship covers 100% tuition for the first year of the Master of Architecture 2 program for a citizen of the European Union with a recent architecture degree. This scholarship does not cover the cost of living expenses, health insurance, personal expenses, fees, or school supplies during one’s stay in Los Angeles.
- To be a citizen of one of the 28 countries in the European Union (Proof of citizenship will be required)
- To have studied architecture at a college/university and have received what is equivalent to an undergraduate degree in the United States, majoring in architecture by August 1, 2019.
- To submit a completed application and required materials for review. (A personal portfolio of architectural work is required)
- To be able to demonstrate proficiency of the English language. (Finalists for the scholarship will be contacted for a phone interview)
To participate in this opportunity, applicants must complete the followings steps:
- Complete the online application form (found here) and submit the $85 application fee
- Upload all required application materials (listed below) to SlideRoom (sciarc.slideroom.com). The deadline for submitting application materials is final and expires at midnight on January 15, 2019 (Pacific Standard Time). The submission of applications will not be allowed after the day and time indicated above. Once the application has been submitted by the applicant, no changes will be allowed nor can additional information be added. Extensions will not be granted under any circumstances. Specific details regarding the application materials listed below can be found on SlideRoom.
- Copy of applicant’s passport (photo page)
- Resume/C.V. which must include the following information:
- Place and date of birth
- Professional and artistic activities to date
- Prizes and awards earned (include year)
- Three (3) letters of recommendation (in English) - a minimum of one is required
- Personal statement (in English) of no more than 1000 words, responding to a prompt in SlideRoom.
- Copy of academic transcripts (must indicate specific degree earned and date degree was awarded)
- Must indicate specific degree earned or evidence of titling process
- Must include a copy of professional license (if applicable)
- Professional portfolio (15-35 pages of architectural work):
- Completed presentation of a range of architectural projects
- Project’s name
- Brief description
- If any of the work submitted was completed in an architectural office or as part of a group project, an explanation of your contribution is required