The BECA SCI-Arc Mexico covers 100% of the tuition for either, Master of Architecture 2 program (M. Arch 2) or EDGE programs, for a Mexican citizen. This scholarship does not cover the cost of living expenses, health insurance, personal expenses or school supplies during one’s stay in Los Angeles.
- To be a Mexican citizen by birth or naturalization. (proof of citizenship will be required)
- To submit a completed application and required materials for review. (a portfolio is required).
- To be able to demonstrate proficiency of the English language (finalists for the scholarship will be contacted for a phone interview).
To participate in this opportunity, applicants must complete the followings steps:
- Complete the online application form and submit the $85 application fee
- Upload all required application materials (listed below) to SlideRoom. The deadline for submitting application materials is final and expires at midnight on April 15, 2017 (Pacific Standard Time). The submission of applications will not be allowed after the day and time indicated above. Once the application has been submitted by the applicant, no changes will be allowed nor can additional information be added. Extensions will not be granted under any circumstances. Specific details regarding the application materials listed below can be found on SlideRoom.
- Copy (front and back) of a current official ID with photo. Acceptable forms of ID include voting card, passport personal information page or naturalization document.
- Copy (front and back) of Cédula de la Clave Única de Registro de Población (CURP)
- Resume/C.V. which must include the following information:
- Place and date of birth
- Professional and artistic activities to date
- Prizes and awards earned (include year)
- Personal statement (in English) of no more than 1000 words, responding to a prompt in SlideRoom.
- Copy of academic transcripts:
- Must indicate specific degree earned
- Must include a copy of professional license (if applicable)
- Portfolio Requirement (15-35 pages of work):
- Completed presentation of a range of architectural projects
- Project’s name
- Brief description
- If any of the work submitted was completed in an architectural office or as part of a group project, an explanation of your contribution is required. Applicants will be notified once their online application has been received and again once all required materials have been successfully received through SlideRoom.