SCI-Arc is pleased to announce a scholarship opportunity in partnership with The Fundacion para el Futuro de Colombia (COLFUTURO). This Scholarship is for students who have been awarded a Loan-Scholarship by COLFUTURO.
The COLFUTURO program awards up to $50,000 USD over two years to fund graduate studies. Results are published by mid-May. SCI-Arc will match the COLFUTURO scholarship for the selected student.
- Student must be a COLFUTURO recipient
- To have studied architecture at a college/university and have received what is equivalent to an undergraduate degree in the United States, majoring in architecture by August 1, 2018
- To submit a completed application and required materials for review. (A personal portfolio of architectural work is required)
- To be able to demonstrate proficiency of the English language. (Finalists for the scholarship will be contacted for a phone interview)
- Apply to COLFUTURO by February 28, 2018
- Complete the SCI-Arc application (found here) by April 15, 2018 and submit the $85 application fee.
- Upload all required application materials (listed below) to SlideRoom (sciarc.slideroom.com). The deadline for submitting application materials is final and expires at midnight on April 15, 2017 (Pacific Standard Time). The submission of applications will not be allowed after the day and time indicated above. Once the application has been submitted by the applicant, no changes will be allowed nor can additional information be added. Extensions will not be granted under any circumstances. Specific details regarding the application materials listed below can be found on SlideRoom.
- Copy of applicant’s passport (photo page)
- Resume/C.V. which must include the following information:
- Place and date of birth
- Professional and artistic activities to date
- Prizes and awards earned (include year)
- Three (3) letters of recommendation (in English) - a minimum of one is required
- Personal statement (in English) of no more than 1000 words, responding to a prompt in SlideRoom.
- Copy of academic transcripts (must indicate specific degree earned and date degree was awarded)
- Must indicate specific degree earned or evidence of titling process
- Must include a copy of professional license (if applicable)
- Professional portfolio (15-35 pages of architectural work):
- Completed presentation of a range of architectural projects
- Project’s name
- Brief description
- If any of the work submitted was completed in an architectural office or as part of a group project, an explanation of your contribution is required
Restrictions and Details:
- Only one application per person can be submitted.
- Students who are currently receiving scholarship support or financial aid from SCI-Arc are ineligible to apply for this opportunity.
- Students who have previously applied for the M.Arch 2 program for the 2016-2017 academic year are ineligible to apply for this opportunity.
- Individuals who currently have outstanding debts to SCI-Arc are not eligible for consideration for this scholarship opportunity.
- The evaluation and selection of the applications will be held in two (2) phases:
- Phase One: Qualification
SCI-Arc will verify that all applications submitted meet the requirements and applicants have submitted all supporting documentation required. Applicants will receive an email from SCI-Arc once all application information has been verified and all requirements have been met.
- Phase Two: Review
All applications will be reviewed by Hernan Diaz Alonso (SCI-Arc Director), Elena Manferdini (Graduate Programs Chair) and one guest juror. All decisions made by SCI-Arc are final.
- Phase One: Qualification
Scholarship Results and Conditions:
- The results of the scholarship will be published during mid-July on SCI-Arc's official website. SCI-Arc will also notify the winning recipient by email.
- The winning recipient will receive official acceptance documentation from SCI-Arc’s Admissions Office outlining the conditions and details of their acceptance and scholarship. A $500 non-refundable deposit will be required within 21 days of receiving the official documentation to secure their scholarship and position in the program. If no response is given within this time frame, the scholarship will be granted to the second place applicant and thus subsequently.
- The winning recipient must be able to demonstrate the financial ability to cover their living expenses for one year. If the winning recipient is unable to provide sufficient documentation to SCI-Arc through other scholarships or personal resources, the scholarship will be granted to the second place applicant and thus subsequently.
- SCI-Arc may revoke the scholarship granted to the selected candidate if any breach or violation of the Participation Rules and Scholarship Conditions is determined at any time.
- SCI-Arc may revoke the scholarship for the second year if the selected candidate’s academic performance during the first year is not within the top 10% of their class or if their GPA falls below a 3.7 out of a 4.0 point scale.
- This scholarship may be combined with other scholarships provided by individuals, companies or institutions not connected with SCI-Arc.